Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Today's Theme: Nostolgia

Today I looked at documents I haven't seen in more than two years. Things I wrote randomly or never finished. It's really hilarious because reading old things inspires myself. Reading things I don't remember. Maybe it's because I can look at it as if it never happened to me. So I can experience what the reader would feel reading something new.

So everything in here will be things I don't remember. Poems mostly.
----


we’re like the sea, toss and turn
we can’t see, and never learn
but still pushed forward, endless winds
moon to tide, star-studded fins
---

Spinning, sliding, lifting
our eyes are dark and glistening
at the thoughts that we share alone
the only love I’ve known
thinking through dreams, the days that passed
heart, stay still,
he came at last

Distraction never came so easy
from his eyes, lips, telling me
what’s enough to hide away fantasy
beneath the creases of his worried gaze
I tell you, take it away
pull apart the cobwebs,
new once before, once more
----

soft heartbeat
hand upon chest
it hammers against sides
it shudders on the inside
----

Innocence apparent
hidden smiles and awkward face
waiting to keep
what is a secret,
still and deep
beneath the crevasse
of a glowing screen
an impending menace
of how I may now seem

No comments: