Saturday, May 27, 2006

String of Dreams

It was cold.. A long gate ran along the.. mansion. Everything was white, it was snowing. I was barefoot in the snow. I traced my fingers along the tall metal fence, looking at the barbed wire at the top as I walked. I reached the front, where at the entrance were two burning torches. It was the night, and they provided a warm glow to the cold surroundings. The sky was black and I watched the falling snow. I made it to the front gate where the snow was more slush, and you could see a faint gray were the cement would be. I stood in front of it, looking. The only part of the gate that had no barbed wire. I looked down at the latch, which I expected to be locked, but to my surprise the gate was just a bit open. "It's open.." I whispered. I slowly pushed forward, and slipped through the gate. I moved forward down the walk, towards the staircase. I heard a sound behind me, and my head jerked back. I looked and I saw things, creatures, coming behind me. They looked to be dead people, scuttling slowly forward. I ran up to the door, tugging at the doorknob, but it was locked. I looked down and saw a padlock, with a combination. I tugged at it in panic, and then as the creatures drew closer, someone dropped down to land behind me. He was wearing dark clothes and had messy black hair to his shoulders. He stood in a stance to fight, while he turned to me and whispered the combination. 3.... 15... 5... I turned the knob, looking for the numbers. "I have to do it this time.. Maybe I'll be faster.." I unlocked it, dropping the lock to the floor and pushing open the door, slipping in and closing it firmly behind me. I locked it, and exhaled. The mansion was of dark wood, and a few things were familiar. The same desk was in the middle of the room, and the fireplace in the same place. On top of the desk was a glass aquarium that served as a cage, larger than it used to be. Inside was a large mouse, Keebi. I opened the cage and put my hand in, letting it scuttle up and onto my hand, and then off again.

I was in a ship, a car, something that could hover and fly. We were in the dessert, moving towards the rocks dry and grey, of what seemed to be mountains. I opened the side door and moved out, the wind blowing at my hair as I shut it behind me, standing on the ledge. I held two purple wings, and beckoned to people who were passing by, half flying half running. They regarded me. They were purple-skinned from head to toe, with long dark hair and wings. They glared and shook their heads. I heard a voice in my head "If you're not the same, if you're not a fairy too, they won't join you". I succeeded on having other people board, those of almost human features.

I wandered the halls of a prison, looking for a certain cell. I was to be put into one. I found one with a hole in the ceiling, glowing a shade of pink to red. I went into the cell, and then I swung myself up and grabbed the edge of the hole. I looked over the ledge and was looking out at my front yard. My legs swung below me as I tried to pull myself up. Below me and down the hall I heard "you haven't fixed it yet??" and quick footsteps. I pulled myself all the way up, and dropped down into my yard.

No comments: