Thursday, April 20, 2006

April 13th and the Best Week Of My Life

I feel I owe at least some of the story to you. I'll shorten it, but tell nearly all.


My boyfriend of 4 months. My family referred to it as a not-so-blind date. A boyfriend I'd only seen pictures of, talked to, but had never been in presence with. We got together, became boyfriend girlfriend, internet relationship, on December 5th, 2005, and are still together now.

I had a brief fight with him when he told me he couldn't visit during spring break. I wasn't so much upset that he quit the job (which sucked ass anyway), but that if he tried he truly could come. He wasn't old enough to stay in a hotel, and was uncomfortable staying at my house. This was upsetting because I'd do anything to be able to see him, and that includes being uncomfortable with a family I didn't know.. But I eventually came to terms with it, and let it go, waiting for summer to come so I could see him for the first time.

Ends up about a week later, he changed his mind. He didn't tell me this. He talked to my parents and arranged for him to come visit around April 11th as a surprise.

Mom was running a long errand and I thought nothing of it.. She called me downstairs, and I wondered what she wanted. "Okaay, I'm coming" I shouted down the stairs, and I slid from my chair and plunked down the steps...
She wasn't in the kitchen, so I headed to the living room.. In the doorway, my eyes fell upon someone standing in front of the front door, and I quickly recognized him and stopped dead in my tracks. I just stared for a moment, and then made my way through the living room, to where he stood, where I said "Oh my god.... ... This... How..?" aloud.
I gave him a big hug and he returned my embrace.
"Well this is how she looks in her everyday state" Mom said, pointing to my lazy clothes. I chuckled and wished I had worn something more presentable, still hugging him tight.
He sat down on a couch, petting Cocoa which was a strange sight.
He was wearing his black trench coat that I had seen a bit in pictures, and that he had told me about, and his jeans.

We went out on our first date. We walked down to one of my favorite restaurants, China Village. There I quietly stared at him and he laughed and asked if I was alright as he drank an incredible amount of water. I chuckled and nodded, slowly eating, distracted by the shock I was still going through and my nervousness. I sipped my water, and nearly choked on it when his foot grazed mine under the table. I grinned at him and shook my head.
Wess can down a lot of water, and he was on about his 4th glass when he asked for them to just give him a pitcher. While he was on his 3rd, I was still sipping my first.
We laughed quietly and he commented on how my eyes wandered all over as I said nothing. I said to him "Shy, yeah right.. You're talking with no effort and I'm dead silent" He told me that he knew and it was odd because usually he was silent too, but he felt strangely comfortable with me so he wasn't experiencing any shyness. I smiled at that. Before we had ordered I held his hand across the table.

We finished quickly because my appetite was wavering with my nervousness. He had also lost most of his appetite, although he hadn't eaten all day. I was surprised at how little he ate.
When we were done, I called mom on his cellphone and said we were done. We went outside and walked towards the parking lot, looking for a place to wait. I saw an odd little wood staircase that was along a short wall in the parking lot below the fence. A strange little moveable staircase leading to nowhere in particular, chipped white.
We walked towards it and I sat down on the second step, but stood up again pointing to the small spider on cobwebs along the side. He flicked it off for me and sat down, and sat on the left of him, and cuddled up with him. He took my hands in his, leaning his head against me. His hands were larger than mine, and his skin was rough in comparison. Yet at the same time his hands were soft as I squeezed them, mine more thin and bony.
We murmured words and I expressed my disbelief at him finally being with me, at the moment and night being real and not just a dream. He whispered "I'm here, I promise it's real"

I saw the car pull up in the parking lot and saw them before they saw us. I got up and waved, and we walked hand in hand in the car. We were still hand in hand as they drove us back.

.. I'll continue the story later, it's getting a bit late. There'll be a part two. That's only the first half of the first day.

No comments: