Saturday, March 11, 2006

My Exact Thoughts in the Bathroom

"As she looked down at her leg, she noted her skin was chapped in such a way that it looked like a phallic symbol. It was small and otherwise completely unnoticeable, if not the current circumstance. Very small, about a fourth of her pinky-nail. She rubbed at it and it seemed gone."
---

"Why god why? Why did this happen?"
Another figure comes from the shadows, standing to the side of the sobbing man "...Because your family was at the wrong place at the wrong time"
The crying man kneels wordless, wringing his hands before his despair leads him to more questions "Why oh why? Why my family? My family? Why did they have to die?? Why!?"
The figure in the darkness replies "..Because your family chose to walk through what was then called a battlefield, a place so violent and so dangerous that a cat walking alone would fear for its life"
"WHY did they have to walk there? Why?"
The figure in the darkness shakes his head "They thought that was the best way home."
"WHY didn't God stop this from happening? Why didn't he??"
The figure laughs quietly "IT, for one, could not change the will of your family. He was sitting by the side watching closely, as a child would an ant farm, watching a few die.. It acknowledges your loss and feels for you, but nothing It can do will help. It mourns for the deaths as a child would for those ants, as It is much like a child.. It is unlike an adult who wouldn't mourn those deaths. It is unlike those who will watch it on the news tonight with so little remorse"
"HOW could you speak like this? Like nothing could be done?"
"Nothing could be, and that is that"
"WHY do you say such things? Does your cruelty have no end to its length?"
"All I've told you, my friend, is the truth.. The truth hurts, no?"
----

"I'm sorry I'm not prettier.. you deserve prettier"
"What? You are pretty"
"Sweet of you to say but I disagree.. Look closely, could you? The details. The details you haven't seen until now.."
"I see the details, and you're pretty"
"Okay.. If you say so.."
----

Upon looking in the mirror

"When I subconsciously think I'm ugly I subconsciously tear my face apart."

No comments: