Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Packrat

My dad's silly....
He says in frustration 'there's no place to put anything in this house! There's just so much crap!' .... The thing he forgets is, all the crap is his.
I mean, seriously.. I found a broken paper-cutter up here that he never got rid of, and a huge stack of really, really, really ugly paper for the printer. I mean seriously, when are we going to print something on dirty brown or neon pink paper?
He claimed that we 'could' use it so we shouldn't get rid of it. Christ. If we need paper, we can buy some. We don't need to stash ugly paper up here with the rest of our overloaded upstairs.
Yet he had SUCH a hard time getting rid of them. He said "why are these down here" and I said nothing.
Now he sighs quite audibly as he tries to clean up his mess.
I asked him to get rid of some of it but whatever shitty completely useless thing I claim needs to go he says we'll keep because we could use it 'sometime'. God.
I hope he goes nuts and just throws it all out.
We've saved every computer game box, every manual, every CD case, every CD spiral, every keyboard, every guidebook every wire and every monitor to ever enter this home. Every sheet of useless paper, every guide every tutorial, even for things we don't use anymore.
I wish I could take it all and sneak it in the garbage. Because I swear to you, he wouldn't notice. The only reason he would.. would be when he realized the house was so much cleaner.

No comments: