Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A new beginning, today...

A fresh start. An unanimous writer, a face in the crowd.
My mask is freshly drawn, dried, and strung.. Now I put it on, once more.

Who are you. What is your name. What is your life...
You don't know. Not a word has been said.

But as time goes on, my story will unfold, unravelling strings and weaving them from this thread that is my blood, body, soul.. to weave them into sentences strung out over time. You shall witness every emotion, love, tear, and change in my life.

With this mask, you'll draw for me your own face, your own image...
How do you see me? How will you?
Pull your hands from we clay and what do you see? You mold me together from the little you know, to fold and beat through to make the curve or a face, the grooves to be soon eyes, a nose, a mouth and two ears, if you find it fitting.. Blind dumb and deaf? However you decide..

Over time, maybe, the face you create from this faded image of me will solidfy, and you can no longer change the features, colors, because I am who you wish me to be.. Maybe your impression, will be cut in stone.
Will my eyes stay closed or open? Do I smile as I talk? What color are my eyes? My expression? Do you see a child, adult, young man or young woman? Do you see beauty, or some sort of flaw in this face? What What am I? Raceless, bodyless, seamless?
Draw out my soul.

Maybe someday.. You can tell me what you see. What you see these eyes as, what you see me as looking like, sounding like, being like. It's completely up to you. Male, female, tall short, big little.. Gay, straight, bi... I would wonder, what you would see, if I was not who I am, bound by body and bound to be, forever the same, forever me...

Over the days, you'll hear bad poetry, lyrics, little worries and foolish dreams, maybe things you see as reckless, or silly. Some days I may write things directed at one person, letters and questions, heard or not.. I hold no secrets, I have no care, because what you make me is of no concern.

Friends who find me, please, you may call me by name but nothing more. My age, looks, grade, sexual orientation, gender, that should be kept to yourself. I'm giving all who witness, a choice to form me as they will, until I decide to draw out myself as I truly am..
If you go against this, I will remove what is said.

Welcome or unwelcomed.. I present myself now.
So, who shall I be?

No comments: